Accelerating innovation in the Feyenoord stadium
There were plenty of orange shirts to be seen in Feyenoord’s football stadium, De Kuip, in April this year, but for once it wasn’t the Dutch national side chasing their qualification dreams. Instead, the stadium in the city of Rotterdam was hosting teams of equally fervent logistics professionals and IT developers grappling with the challenges of modern technology.
During April’s annual conference of the Dutch Logistics Top Sector, over 30 tech specialists from 14 different logistics organizations worked on implementing the technical specifications of the iSHARE Scheme in their existing systems. iSHARE enables them to resolve specific data-sharing challenges that they face on a daily basis, such as:
- verifying the identify of a carrier and authenticating the carrier's rights to pick up a consignment.
- reusing the same login details in various different systems.
- arranging secure last-mile delivery of groceries and parcels, even when customers are not at home.
- a secure, fast and easy record of who is allowed to do what with which data.
- standardizing identification, authentication and authorization to eliminate the need for tailor-made integrations.
At the end of the day, the participating organizations presented their solution to the audience and there were various prototypes ready for short-term implementation. As they say in Rotterdam, actions speak louder than words!
The following organizations participated in the Tech-celerator: Cargoledger, Cargonaut, Explect, FiLogic, Simply Deliver, Hutchison Ports ECT Rotterdam, Rojo Consultancy, Portbase, Poort 8 and Visma Connekt.
Click here below to see the Tech-celerator after-movie.