iSHARE improves supply chain visibility
End-to-end supply chain visibility is essential for business success. You want full insight into the precise locations of all your goods or your customers’ freight around the world, preferably in real time. That’s an ambitious goal, so what do you need in order to achieve it?
What are the challenges?
In your role as supply chain coordinator, you already share data with numerous supply chain partners. But there are countless obstacles to sharing data in practice. Just some of the obstacles you can encounter include:
- Having to set up a separate data-sharing connection with each individual partner. An individual software integration is time-consuming and costly.
- As the number of connections increases, so too does the complexity. This makes it more difficult for you to maintain oversight.
- New integrations are not always worth the effort, such as when you hire in a new transport company. This puts you at risk of suboptimal situations.
iSHARE is a uniform set of agreements about how partners identify, authenticate and authorize one another. By joining iSHARE, you can start sharing data in a secure and controlled way with other Participants in the Scheme. The benefits are clear: time-consuming and costly software integrations are no longer necessary – and that includes integrations with new and previously unknown partners, such as a transport company you are working with for the first time. Needless to say, you can also share data with them in an easy, secure and controlled way.
How does iSHARE work?
The iSHARE Scheme includes technical agreements which all Participants must uphold. This requires you or your software supplier to technically adapt your software to make it possible for you to verify whether potential data-sharing partners are indeed who they claim to be, whether they comply with the agreements within the Scheme, and whether they may gain access to your data.
In addition to technical agreements, iSHARE also contains legal agreements about data-sharing. You have full control over your own data at all times. How? You manage the access rights yourself; you predefine which partners are allowed to receive which data, what they are allowed to do with it and for which period of time.
- Flexibility: you share data with new data-sharing partners, many of whom are further upstream/downstream in the supply chain. This enables you to delegate rights at the last minute, such as to a previously unknown transport company so that your goods can be delivered to the customer on time after all. This does not require software integration
- Full control: You decide which information you are willing to share when and with whom
- Certainty: you can be sure that all iSHARE Participants can be trusted
Better supply chain visiblity
iSHARE brings full supply chain visibility a step closer. An easy, secure and controlled way of sharing data is now within your reach. You benefit from greater insight as the basis for improving your supply chain efficiency. A single software integration makes it possible for you to communicate with the whole supply chain if you wish, while putting you in full and continuous control of which data you are willing to share and which data you are not.