International Data Spaces Association
The International Data Spaces (IDS) initiative aims at cross-sectoral data sovereignty and data interoperability. It sets forth a Reference Architecture Model basing on open standards and contributing to global standards. By specifying data usage constraints, it defines the terms and conditions for the data economy and by describing an open software architecture and publishing open source software codes it ensures maximum adoption.
- non-profit Organization, more than 110 members from 20 countries
- IDSA Hubs in the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain make it a true European initiative
- communities apply the IDS Reference Architecture Model in various domains such as mobility, logistics, healthcare etc.
- liaisons with many relevant initiatives across the globe, among which are the BDVA, FIWARE, the Industrial Internet Consortium, the Industrial Value Chain Initiative, and the Plattform Industrie 4.0
- partnerships with strong organizations like iSHARE, with which IDSA shares the spirit of open, standardized and secure data exchange
- integral part of GAIA-X which is aiming at a Federated Data Infrastructure for European ecosystems
IDSA is engaged in European research projects, mainly in the Horizon 2020 program:
- AI4EU: Artificial Intelligence for the EU
- Amable: Additive ManufacturABLE
- BOOST 4.0: Big Data for Factories
- DIH: Digital Innovation Hubs
- Level Up: Protocols and Strategies for extending the useful Life of major capital investments and large Industrial Equipment
- MARKET 4.0: A Multi-Sided Business Platform for Plug and Produce Industrial Product Service Systems
- Musketeer: Machine Learning to Augment Shared Knowledge in Federated Privacy-Preserving Scenarios
- MIDIH: Manufacturing Industry Digital Innovation Hubs
- Open DEI: Opening the Eyes of European Industry and Society to the Benefits of Digital Transformation
- QU4LITY: Digital Manufacturing Platforms for Connected Smart Factories
- TRUSTS: Trusted Secure Data Sharing Space
IDSA is a vivid and strong initiative which already proved that it is ready to take responsibility for implementing the European Data Strategy and help creating the European Data Space. Learn more.
Implementing the European Stratagy on Data the role of IDS
Get involved: https://www.internationaldataspaces.org/become-member/
Important documents: https://www.internationaldataspaces.org/info-package/